Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe can be eaten with rice or chpatis
Make and share this Cauliflower, peas and potato (Spicy) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 60 g shelled peas or 60 g frozen peas
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ajmoh seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 inch ginger, stem (pulped)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder or 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
- Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters (medium potatoes) and whole if using baby.
- Pour oil into a saucepan and set over a moderate heat and add the mustard seeds, ajmoh and sesame seeds.
- Put a lid on the saucepan.
- The mustard seeds will start popping when heated and once they have stopped.
- Add the vegetables and toss a few times.
- add garlic, ginger pulp and all the spices and salt.
- Toss again.
- Add 1/4 pint of water and cook on a moderate heat for about 20 minutes.
- Serve garnished with fresh corriander.