Recipe by love4culinary
This is a recipe my DH actually came up with... well, actually it was a recipe that he changed to his tastes lol... I always tell my DH how much I LOVE this cauliflower.... I could seriously eat this every day if it didn't have so much fat and calories lol but forget about that stuff just once and try this... you wont regret it!!! you can adjust the sauce ingredients to your liking.... making more if you want lots of sauce, or making less if you dont like as much sauce!! :)
Top Review by Kim Bekukin
Wow, we loved this! Even the pickiest eater with go for cauliflower prepared this way. I decreased the butter to 6 Tbsp, for the sake of our waistlines and it was still delish though probably not as rich-tasting. Otherwise I made no changes. Thanks for posting this, we will eat this often.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 -8 tablespoons tomato chili sauce (we use Maggi Brand Tomato Chilli Sauce, and we use a LOT)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Break cauliflower up into bite sized pieces.
- Bring water to a boil and drop cauliflower in just briefly to get it to cook about 1/2 way. just til slightly cooked but not soft.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and add black pepper to it and sizzle just a few seconds.
- Add water and stir a bit.
- Add shredded cheese, and stir constantly, cooking over medium heat until it melts into the butter sauce; it should thicken a bit.
- At this point, add the drained cauliflower and toss to cover with butter sauce.
- Add the tomato chilli sauce, and fold into the cauliflower until all is combined.
- Allow it to cooked until cauliflower is tender and sauce really starts to coat the cauliflower.
- To serve, ladle some sauce onto a plate, plate some cauliflower, sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste, and shred some sharp cheddar over the top.
- We like to enjoy this with slices of bread to soak up the heavenly sauce!