Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a vegan version of SaraFish's Cauliflower Cheddar Fritters. Prep time includes refrigeration.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon Earth Balance natural buttery spread, melted
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped and sauteed in a small amount of Earth Balance
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese (Daiya Cheddar Shreds)
- 1⁄2-1 cup vegetable oil
- Whisk the egg substitute with the warm warm. Add the next 5 ingredients and make a smooth batter.
- Mix in next 3 ingredients. For best results, refrigerate for an hour or so (but not necessary).
- Add enough vegetable oil to a cast iron skillet to come up about 1/2-inch, and set heat to medium-high. When oil is ready (will pop when drop of water hits it), add fritters by the spoonful and pan-fry until browned and crispy, turning once.
- Sprinkle with salt immediately upon removing from oil.