This recipe is non fat, suitable for vegetarians and makes an interesting side dish or a main course. I adapted the recipe from a potato bhaji recipe that was given to me by a friend. It is fragrant and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, for masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, for masala
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed,to taste
- 1 medium red chile, sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel
- 2 teaspoons bombay curry or 2 teaspoons garam masala (if you don’t want it curried)
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into florets,discard hard stem
- 1/2 kg potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups frozen peas
- coriander leaves, for garnish
- 1Dry fry mustard and cumin seeds over medium heat in none stick pan or wok until they pop.
- 2Add the onions and garlic and 1/3 cup water until softened.
- 3Add the chili,turmeric, ground coriander, fennel, curry powder (or garam masala).
- 4Add the cauliflower and potatoes and 2/3 cup water.
- 5Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 6Add yogurt.
- 7Reduce heat, partly cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- 8Add peas and cook for 5 minutes Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Bhaji
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.3
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 183.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 13.7 g