Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is non fat, suitable for vegetarians and makes an interesting side dish or a main course. I adapted the recipe from a potato bhaji recipe that was given to me by a friend. It is fragrant and delicious.
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, for masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, for masala
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed,to taste
- 1 medium red chile, sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel
- 2 teaspoons bombay curry or 2 teaspoons garam masala (if you don’t want it curried)
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into florets,discard hard stem
- 1⁄2 kg potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups frozen peas
- coriander leaves, for garnish
- Dry fry mustard and cumin seeds over medium heat in none stick pan or wok until they pop.
- Add the onions and garlic and 1/3 cup water until softened.
- Add the chili,turmeric, ground coriander, fennel, curry powder (or garam masala).
- Add the cauliflower and potatoes and 2/3 cup water.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add yogurt.
- Reduce heat, partly cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add peas and cook for 5 minutes Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.