A great vegetarian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cubed new potatoes
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 12 -15 fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red powdered chili pepper
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 -2 fresh serrano chili, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, to taste
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2- inch cubes; place in a bowl of water.
- 2Separate cauliflower into flowerets about the same size as the potato cubes.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Mix mustard with fenugreek in a small bowl.
- 5Mix ground spices together in a small bowl, and add some salt.
- 6Place all ingredients near the stove.
- 7Heat oil in a pan until very hot.
- 8Add whole seeds all at once, keeping face away from pan.
- 9Have a lid ready to cover pan, if needed.
- 10As mustard seeds turn gray, lower neat to medium and add ground spices.
- 11Cook for 1 or 2 seconds, then stir in garlic, then tomato and green chiles.
- 12Cook for about 5 minutes.
- 13Drain potatoes and add to pan, along with cauliflower; cook for 5 minutes, stirring to coat vegetables with spices.
- 14Add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup cilantro.
- 15Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- 16Check water level frequently, and add more as needed.
- 17Taste for salt, add lemon juice, stir well, and serve garnished with remaining cilantro.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower and Potatoes With Black Mustard Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.6
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: