Recipe by Chickee
From Australian Good Taste June 2010, page 121. The size of cauliflower is not specified but I used one which was 900g trimmed, and I found I had to simmer it a little longer to get the right consistency. You can also use vegetable stock for a vegetarian recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets and stems sliced
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 750 ml water
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 300 ml pouring cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the cauliflower, stock, water and nutmeg. Bring the temperature to high and bring the mix to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, partially covered, 20-25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and mixture reduces slightly.
- Remove the mix from the heat. Process with a stab mixer (or in batches in a food processor) until smooth.
- Add cream and season with salt and pepper. Place soup over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.