Prep 12 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this in Diabetic Living. If you need to save time, pick up some packaged coarsely shredded carrots in the supermarket's produce section.
- In a large saucepan, cook cauliflower florets in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water for 2 to 3 minutes or just until tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Set aside.
- Remove fennel tops and stalks, save for another use. Slice fennel in half vertically to show the fennel heart; cut away and discard the solid core. Slice fennel into strips. In a large skillet, cook fennel in the 2 teaspoons hot oil about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and the 1/4 cup olive oil. Whisk in garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, fennel, carrots, and onion. Add the dressing; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley.
- Makes 8 (1-cup) servings.
We really enjoyed this salad, however I didn't have any lemon juice, so used white wine vinegar in its place (equal amounts) and I only had one fennel bulb and totally forgot the parsley. I also shredded the carrots (used 2) in the food processor along with the onion. Put in the fridge for a few hours (about 4 hours) for a great salad which we enjoyed with fish, but I think it would be wonderful with anything! Thanks for sharing!