Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from one of Walmarts recipe cards.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- In a large saucepan combine cauliflower, broth, bell pepper and lemon peel. Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp tender.
- Stir together half and half and flour. Stir into cauliflower mixture. Bring to boiling.
- Gently stir in crabmeat. Heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with dill weed, if desired. Serve immediately.
This is a very delicious filling chowder, perfect this time of year for warming up little cold tummies. I too initially found this recipe at Wal-Mart and was skeptical about the combination of ingredients, however was pleasantly surprised and wouldn't change anything. I prefer to garnish with fresh dill. Thank you for posting this recipe here, I have been looking for this exact recipe for the past couple years. I have tried other variations and none are quite this good. Thanks again!
Although these ingredients may not seem appealing to some people, the end results are surprisingly wonderful! The soup is pleasantly mild and has a subtle sweet flavor to it. The only thing I added was some chopped onions. I used fat free half and half to cut some fat. Thanx for posting this yummy creamy chowder!