Recipe by 4-H Mom
This recipe came from one of Walmarts recipe cards.
Top Review by There Are No Names Avail.
This is a very delicious filling chowder, perfect this time of year for warming up little cold tummies. I too initially found this recipe at Wal-Mart and was skeptical about the combination of ingredients, however was pleasantly surprised and wouldn't change anything. I prefer to garnish with fresh dill. Thank you for posting this recipe here, I have been looking for this exact recipe for the past couple years. I have tried other variations and none are quite this good. Thanks again!
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan combine cauliflower, broth, bell pepper and lemon peel. Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp tender.
- Stir together half and half and flour. Stir into cauliflower mixture. Bring to boiling.
- Gently stir in crabmeat. Heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with dill weed, if desired. Serve immediately.