Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
This beef and pasta casserole is adapted from a recipe found in Family Circle magazine. It is quick and easy to fix on a busy day. We have it often with french bread and a salad.
- 1 lb wagon wheel macaroni
- 1 lb beef top round steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Brown beef in oil, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Remove meat, set aside.
- Cook onion and green pepper in skillet, until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and return beef to skillet.
- Stir in tomatoes, pinto beans, and bouillon cube, simmer until beef is tender. Add cooked pasta to meat mixture.
- Add cilantro, black pepper, salt, and Tabasco. Simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with cheese.