Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a company worthy recipe! Tons of taste and smacking lips. Any firm white fish will work here. Haddok,Cod Talapia, Scrod,Orange Roughy etc.
- 4 catfish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup brandy or 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄4 cups gruyere or 1 1⁄4 cups swiss cheese, grated
- Set oven to broil.
- Salt and pepper fish on both sides. Set aside.
- Combine butter, oil and garlic in small saucepan over low heat until butter is melted.
- Saute the mushroom in medium size skillet in 1/2 of the butter/oil mix.
- Remove from heat and add the Booze. :-) Return to heat and cook until it becomes a glaze.Add the tomatoes, Thyme and cream. Simmer for 10 minutes until it thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (remember the fish is already salted and peppered).
- In another skillet heat the remaining butter/oil mixture.
- Saute the fish in it for 3-4 minute on each side. Just until cooked through. (thicker fillet will take longer).
- Transfer the fish to broiler proof dish and spoon the sauce over it. Sprinkle with the cheese and broil until cheese melts.Yum! :-).