- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3⁄4 cup arborio rice or 3⁄4 cup other short-grain rice
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced asparagus (about 1-pound)
- 2 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 2 minutes. Add lemon rind; saute 2 minutes. Add rice; saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in asparagus, spinach, and nutmeg; cook, uncovered, 2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Top each serving with cheese. Serve immediately.