Use medium-grain brown rice to add fiber and save calories.
My Private Note
1 3/4 c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup arborio rice or 3/4 cup other short-grain rice
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced asparagus (about 1-pound)
- 2 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 2 minutes. Add lemon rind; saute 2 minutes. Add rice; saute 3 minutes.
- 2Stir in broth, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in asparagus, spinach, and nutmeg; cook, uncovered, 2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Top each serving with cheese. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cate's Springtime Risotto Soup
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 219.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth