we used to have to wait for spring to get lovely asparagus, now it seems to be available all year round.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 3⁄4 cup arborio rice
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth or 5 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- heat oil in a large saucepan.
- add onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- add rind and cook 2 minutes more add rice and cook 3 minutes.
- stir in chicken broth, bring to boil.
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- stir in asparagus, spinach, nutmeg.
- cook for 2 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- ladle into serving bowls, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 3 more