Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law who got it from a Woman's Day magazine many years ago. This delicious casserole is a staple in our home, and it has simple ingredients that please even the pickiest eaters. I often make 2 or 3 at a time and freeze the extras. Can be served on its own or is great with toast and a salad.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 1⁄2 ounces tomato soup
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef with onions and seasonings. Drain fat.
- Combine beef mixture, soup, and cooked noodles in a 1.5 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
This is a great dish for something quick to make. I will make it again but add some garlic to it next time.
I found this recipe and it was great for a last minute meal. I did add some stuff though - minced garlic, basil and about 1/2 tsp of chili powder. I also added a small can of tomato paste and a can of water (using the little can). We like a little more sauce and I could also increase the noodles a bit to feed six. I also put parmesan cheese on top with the cheddar. It was great and the kids really enjoyed it.
This was easy to make and my daughter loved it! I did add 2 cloves of minced garlic. Served with a salad it's an easy meal. One of those comfort foods!Thanks.