Wild Thyme Flour's Note:
Serve with moscato spumante or an italian sparkling wine. . Idealy a sheep's milk ricotta is used instead of the combination of mascarpone and cow's milk ricotta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil 100ml wine and 100g sugar, add the sliced peaches and leave to cool in the liquid.
- 2Line a shallow rectangular dish with cling film ( 27cm x 18 x 5 cm).
- 3on a surface dusted with icing sugar, roll out 2/3 of the marzipana and line the bottom and sides of the tin.
- 4Slice the cake into 1/2 cmm slices and line the bottom. Mix the marsala with 3 tbsp liquid from the peaches then sprinkle half or it on the cake.
- 5Mix the ricotta ( and mascarpone if using) with the sugar and vanilla, then mix in the cooled chopped peaches, chocolate and chopped candied peel.
- 6Spread evenly over cake, then top with the rest of the cake and sprinkle with remaining marsala.
- 7Roll out the remaining marzipan and lay it on top. Pinch to seal, neaten the edges.
- 8Chill 3 hours at least. Can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- 9Invert into a serving platter and dust with icing sugar. Decorate with extra candied peel.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cassata Siciliana
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 19.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: