Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with moscato spumante or an italian sparkling wine. . Idealy a sheep's milk ricotta is used instead of the combination of mascarpone and cow's milk ricotta.
- Boil 100ml wine and 100g sugar, add the sliced peaches and leave to cool in the liquid.
- Line a shallow rectangular dish with cling film ( 27cm x 18 x 5 cm).
- on a surface dusted with icing sugar, roll out 2/3 of the marzipana and line the bottom and sides of the tin.
- Slice the cake into 1/2 cmm slices and line the bottom. Mix the marsala with 3 tbsp liquid from the peaches then sprinkle half or it on the cake.
- Mix the ricotta ( and mascarpone if using) with the sugar and vanilla, then mix in the cooled chopped peaches, chocolate and chopped candied peel.
- Spread evenly over cake, then top with the rest of the cake and sprinkle with remaining marsala.
- Roll out the remaining marzipan and lay it on top. Pinch to seal, neaten the edges.
- Chill 3 hours at least. Can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Invert into a serving platter and dust with icing sugar. Decorate with extra candied peel.