Recipe by cando
This is an easy candy to make. The recipe is originally from Hersheys. Nuts can be salted or unsalted.
- 2 cups hershey's milk chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan; butter foil. Cover bottom of prepared pan with chocolate chips.
- Combine cashews, macadamia nuts, butter, sugar and corn syrup in large heavy skillet; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to cling together and turns golden brown.
- Pour mixture over chocolate chips in pan, spreading evenly. Cool. refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Remove from pan; peel off foil. Break into pieces. Store tightly covered in cool, dry place. About 1-1/2 pounds candy.