Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice tea cookie or addition to the holiday cookie tray. Be sure to use unsalted cashews.
Make and share this Cashew Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Place 2 oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Chop cashews coarsely.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, then whisk to mix evenly. Add the cashews and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla and scrape the sides of the bowl. Beat in the sour cream until incorporated.
- At low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture, until just incorporated.
- Drop the dough in heaping teaspoons 1 1/2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. (For even baking, rotate the sheets from top to bottom, and back to front halfway through the baking period.).
- Cool the cookies for a few minutes on the sheets. When they are firm enough to lift, transfer with a metal spatula to wire rack to cool completly.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the freezer. These keep 1 month at room temperature, several months frozen.