Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are yummy
Make and share this Cashew Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups margarine
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups smooth cashew butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 2⁄3 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup sugar, for rolling in
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl beat together the margarine, brown sugar and 2 cups sugar until creamy.
- Add cashew butter, eggs and vanilla beating until well blended.
- Beat in flour, salt and baking soda.
- Do not over beat.
- Shape dough into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll balls in remaining sugar.
- Place 2 1/2-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. The outsides should be set, the centers still soft.
- **I never get the same amount so I'm calling this one large batch of cookies, around 5 dozen.
This is a great cookie. I only made half a batch and I got 60 cookies. They are a good size -- I wouldn't them any larger. I didn't look at the recipe when I went to the Health Food store for the cashew butter and thought it was only 1 cup so hence the half recipe. How did I half an egg -- very carefully!!! Certainly worth the effort in getting the cashew butter.
I made these without using a mixer (my crazy dog goes crazier when she hears it). Other than that, I made the recipe as directed. I used my small scoop and the recipe made over 80 cookies. Just to make it a little more interesting, I added some mini chocolate chips to the last batch. These cookies are so good! I'll probably make them for the cookie trays next Christmas! Thank you for posting this recipe!