Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another "Deck O'Meals" Louisiana Cajun
- 5 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 bell pepper (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 can cond. tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Boil sliced carrots till tender.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add soup, oil, vinegar and worcestershire sauce.
- Pour mixture over carrots, onion, and bell pepper.
- May be eaten at once or marinated overnight.
It has a flavour all its own wld. go with just about anything, but probably wld. compliment pork chops , chicken steak any thing barbecued - worth trying and it is easy
Very good! I diced the onion and pepper. Nice, sweet and tangy! Would go great with Bar-BQ!