Recipe by Pesto lover
Easy and delicious carrot side dish with an Indian flavor.
Top Review by Annacia
This seemed a good solid starting point recipe. I will at least double the spices next time (if not triple). Even DH, who is a spiceophobe found it extremely mild. That said, the timing for the carrots is on the button and delivers a perfect tender firm texture. If your making this for the family you might want to make this as written and then remove portions for the children and then add more spice for the adults if you wish after tasting.
- 1 lb carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots until just tender, 10-15 min depending on size of carrots.
- Melt butter in pan until browned.
- Add garam masala, salt, ginger and red chili powder if using.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add carrots and toss to coat.
- Serve with cilantro leaves sprinkled on top as garnish.