Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
The Belgian Cookbook. ZWT6
- boiling water
- 12 medium carrots
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup water
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Put water on to boil. Cut carrots into matchsticks 1 1/4-inch long. Set aside.
- Dice bacon and pour boiling water over it, then drain. Melt butter and add bacon and cook until limp. Add onions, cook until soft and golden.
- Add flour and stir, then add water and stir. Add seasoning, salt, pepper, nutmeg and sugar. Next put in carrots, cover and cook on low heat 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
These were lovely, the bacon and nutmeg made a tasty difference
These carrots are very unique and very good! I especially like them because the bacon and onions remind me of some good ol' German food that I grew up with. The bacon and carrots are very good together! Who knew? I enjoyed this with Recipe #304533 and Recipe #290870. Made for my teammate for ZWT6. Thanks MomLuvs6! :)
Delicious! As of today, these will be my new "company" carrots. I was greatly impressed with the whole recipe, the ingredients all worked together perfectly and the flavor in the finished dish is outstanding! Made for ZWT6: No-Nonsense Nibblers.