- boiling water
- 12 medium carrots
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup water
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water on to boil. Cut carrots into matchsticks 1 1/4-inch long. Set aside.
- Dice bacon and pour boiling water over it, then drain. Melt butter and add bacon and cook until limp. Add onions, cook until soft and golden.
- Add flour and stir, then add water and stir. Add seasoning, salt, pepper, nutmeg and sugar. Next put in carrots, cover and cook on low heat 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.