Recipe by davinandkennard
Mama came up with this combination. Often the sauce broke, but then Julia Child taught me about creme fraiche. I'm 63 so that will give you a frame of reference. This combination is delicious!
- 6 -8 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 celery ribs, of tender celery sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- 1⁄4 cup minced chives
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and thinly slice the carrots.
- If the celery are outer ribs remove the strings and slice thinly -- if inner ribs just slice thinly.
- Steam with the water until just barely tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the creme fraiche and chives.
- Stir until combines and totally warmed through.
- Enjoy and thank Carmen Jackson.