Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mama came up with this combination. Often the sauce broke, but then Julia Child taught me about creme fraiche. I'm 63 so that will give you a frame of reference. This combination is delicious!
- Peel and thinly slice the carrots.
- If the celery are outer ribs remove the strings and slice thinly -- if inner ribs just slice thinly.
- Steam with the water until just barely tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the creme fraiche and chives.
- Stir until combines and totally warmed through.
- Enjoy and thank Carmen Jackson.