Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from Gourmet Magazine (February 2008) by Ian Knauer. It is very simple to prepare and would be great for Thanksgiving!
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots (from 1 medium) or 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 lb carrot, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄3 cup water or 1⁄3 cup broth
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Cook shallot in 2 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add carrots, Brussels sprouts, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add water and cover skillet, then cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in vinegar, remaining tablespoon butter, and salt and pepper to taste.