Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious way for getting your vegetables.
Make and share this Carrot Zucchini Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 177.44 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together egg, orange juice, and butter; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in carrot and zucchini. Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400º for 20 minutes. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
- NOTE: Freeze in an airtight container up to 3 months. To reheat wrap each muffin in a damp paper towel; microwave on HIGH 40 seconds or until warm.
I used only all purpose flour. I reduced the sugar a little bit. I used sweetened applesauce instead of butter. These muffins have a great texture and taste. Thanks swirlycinnacakes :) Made for bargain basement tag game