Carrot, Spinach and Rice Stew
- Combine carrots with 3 cups of water in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then stir in the rice and a large pinch of salt.
- When the mixture returns to a boil, add the spinach then lower heat so it simmers gently.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice and carrots are very tender, about 30 minutes, and the mixture is the consistency of a thick stew.
- When it reaches this stage, stir in the garlic and butter and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed, and serve hot.