Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and delicious!
- 6 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- fresh black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a large pot, saute celery, onion and red pepper in butter.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except cream.
- Cook until carrots are VERY soft, 30 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer all large pieces of the soup to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add 1/2 c cream to bowl of processor and puree until very smooth.
- Return to puree to pot with the broth.
- Whisk in remaining cream.
- Bring just to a boil, then remove from heat.