Recipe by Phil Franco
Insalata di Carote con Olive, Cipolle e Arance Optional: Drizzle with honey. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled, cut on diagonal into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 cup drained chopped pitted green olives in brine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- orange slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Drain well.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, orange peel, and coriander in large bowl to blend.
- Add hot carrots and toss to coat.
- Cool, tossing occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with honey, if desired.
- Stir in olives and green onions.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Stir salad to redistribute dressing.
- Garnish edges of platter with orange slices and parsley.
- Mound carrots in center. Serves 16.
- That's it!