- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups uncooked Old-Fashioned Quaker oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh carrots, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 4 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 8 ounces applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- mix the first 8 ingredients together well in a large bowl.
- add to that the 4 combined liquid ingredients, just until moistened.
- bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- I use the mini-muffin pans for this recipe, which will yield 36 muffins, my neighbor uses the standard size muffin pan (cup cake size) and gets 24 muffins.