- 6 ounces peeled baby carrots (about 1 1/4 cups, from 16-ounce package)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta, about 8 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots in processor.
- Using on/off turns, finely chop carrots. Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add orzo and carrots; sauté until orzo is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water, broth, and garlic; cook uncovered over medium heat until all liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, green onions, and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.