Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Some say it reminds them of spice cake, others, carrot cake. Either way, these delicious gluten-free pancakes are sweet and flavorful and easy to make.
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1 cup oat flour (make your own with a blender)
- 2 -3 tablespoons shredded carrots (packed)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Blend together buttermilk, egg, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon, then add oat flour (make in your blender with about 1 1/3 - 1 1/2 cups quick oats) and blend for a few seconds. Add the shredded carrot (squeeze the juice from it and pack it into your measuring spoons), baking powder and baking soda and blend just for a couple of seconds. Immediately cook 1/4 cup batches on a greased (butter or margarine) skillet on medium-low heat until they are full of bubbles, the bottom is golden and it`s easily flippable. Cook the other side until done. Serve with maple syrup or room-temperature applesauce/jelly.
Wow this is the first gluten free and healthy pancake that I try and it is amazing. it doesn`t contain a bunch of weird hard to find ingredients. you should definitely try this with a good homemade apple sauce.