Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple but very fresh tasting, flavourful soup, delicious served hot or cold.
- 2 small sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes
- 7 medium carrots, chopped roughly
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute ginger, onions, carrot, sweet potato and celery for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add stock and simmer for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Add lime juice, salt and pepper and puree in blender until smooth.
- Heat if desired or serve cold.
This was good - but I actually liked it better without the lime juice. It was a slightly spicy soup with fun kick and different than other "ginger-carrot" soups on here. Not a bad recipe, but not a repeat for me.
Everyone loved this soup and the lime really made it for me. I'm glad there are leftovers because I'm pretty sure it's the kind of soup that ages well. Thanks, country girl kim, my famous 2007 PAC baby (the 1000th adoption). (: