Recipe by country girl kim
A simple but very fresh tasting, flavourful soup, delicious served hot or cold.
Top Review by Let's Cook!
This was good - but I actually liked it better without the lime juice. It was a slightly spicy soup with fun kick and different than other "ginger-carrot" soups on here. Not a bad recipe, but not a repeat for me.
- 2 small sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes
- 7 medium carrots, chopped roughly
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute ginger, onions, carrot, sweet potato and celery for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add stock and simmer for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Add lime juice, salt and pepper and puree in blender until smooth.
- Heat if desired or serve cold.