Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake has the addition on mayonnaise, which makes this the most moist carrot cake you will ever have! Kittencal's Best Cream Cheese Frosting (Extra Creamy Option) works great for this recipe or use your own favorite frosting.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar or 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups finely-shredded carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (very well drained)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans then line each with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves.
- Add in mayonnaise, milk, eggs and vanilla; beat at low speed using an electric mixer for about 2 minutes (batter will be thick).
- Using a wodden spoon stir in grated carrots, drained paineapple and nuts.
- Divide batter evenly between the two baking pans.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cakes test done.
- Cool in pans for about 8-10 minutes then remove to racks to cool completely before frosting.