Carrot & Ginger Soup with Smoked Chicken
- Heat oil in large stockpot.
- Stir in onion and ginger and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until soft but not browned.
- Add the grated carrots, lemon juice, honey and water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes until carrots are soft and soup has thickened.
- Cool slightly and then puree soup in batches in food processor.
- Return to pot and reheat gently.
- Add the shredded smoked chicken and season to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a grinding of black pepper and a sprinkle of cilantro.