Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious soup recipe, yet another magazine find.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 675 g carrots, grated (approx 8 medium)
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 900 ml water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups smoked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in large stockpot.
- Stir in onion and ginger and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until soft but not browned.
- Add the grated carrots, lemon juice, honey and water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes until carrots are soft and soup has thickened.
- Cool slightly and then puree soup in batches in food processor.
- Return to pot and reheat gently.
- Add the shredded smoked chicken and season to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a grinding of black pepper and a sprinkle of cilantro.