Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mother-in-law's recipe. She makes it every Thanksgiving or Christmas. I love it! Not for calorie counters or cholesterol watchers but once a year is OK!
- 4 cups cooked carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups pepperidge farm seasoned croutons
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Saute onion in 3T of butter.
- Combine onion, soup, salt, pepper, cheese and 1 1/2 cups of croutons.
- Add carrots and then add 1/4 cup of the melted butter.
- Add the rest of the melted butter to the remaining croutons and place on top of carrot mixture.
- Bake covered at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
A good friend gave me this recipe. He brings it to his family's Thanksgiving every year, so I had to try it. My family loved it! It's similar to the green bean casserole I usually make. However...I did make it a little different. I omitted the croutons and 1/4 cup of butter(using only 3T to saute onions). After I mixed everything together...I topped with Italian bread crumbs. Very good, thanks for posting!
I was really hopeful of this one, but it was just kind of so-so. My daughter said it looked "yucky", so she wouldn't touch it. Maybe it needs more cheese, onions, seasoning or something.