Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe. It's a different and tasty way to serve carrots.
- 2 lbs cooked carrots
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Mash carrots with potato masher.
- Combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup cheese.
- Pour into casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cover with foil to let cheese melt.
We loved this! We halved the recipe for the two of us and almost finished that off. We used half of one beaten egg and instead of italian bread crumbs we used basil, oregano and thyme. We will definitely make this again, thanks!
This was very good. It seemed familiar to me, but couldn't quite pinpoint what I had, that was like it. Stuffing kept coming to mind. It was a nice way have carrots. Chosen for PAC Fall 2006. Thank You CaramelPie.