Recipe by AmaninaHamid
I bake carrot cake with cream cheese frosting on my mum's birthday. She said that she likes carrot cake. So, I bake this cake for her. Eventhough, it's not suitable to bake carrot cake for her birthday cake but she said it's okay and she still loves it. I hope you guys like it! Good luck! :)
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit (or180 degrees Celcius).
- Grease pan of your choice.
- In a medium to large bowl to make the cream cheese frosting, combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Using a hand mixer, mix everything together until it is light, soft and creamy.
- In a large bowl to make the carrot cake, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon onto mixture.
- Stir in the 3 cups of grated carrots.
- Fold in 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter into greased pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes depending on your oven's temperature.
- Allow the carrot cake to cool down for at least 10 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for an additional 10 minutes.
- Apply the cream cheese frosting onto your cooled carrot cake.
- Store your cream cheese frosting in the fridge while waiting for cake to bake or make frosting AFTER while cake is baking. Both ways is fine.