Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is a combination of several I've found online.... they are amazing!!
Make and share this Carrot Cake Pancakes With Cream Cheese Topping recipe from Food.com.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
Cream Cheese Topping
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- powdered sugar (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
- carrot curls (to garnish) (optional)
- pecan pieces (to garnish) (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and melted butter. Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir in grated carrot, raisins, and pecans. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat griddle to 350 degrees. Use 1/3 cup measure to spoon batter onto griddle. Cook pancakes 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- To make Cream Cheese Topping, beat first 4 ingredients in medium bowl with electric mixer to blend. Add 1/2 cup cream; beat until soft peaks form. This keeps in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- To serve: Serve with dollop of cream cheese topping. Dust with powdered sugar and sprinkle on additional pecan pieces. Garnish with carrot curl. Serve immediately with maple syrup. Makes 24 large pancakes.