Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy muffins that taste like carrot cake and are filled with pineapple and coconut. The glaze is tangy and goes great with these muffins! Recipe given by a friend. Next time I make them, I will try cutting down the sugar and using applesauce instead of the oil. Please let me know if you try them!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease 2 muffin pans, or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, allspice and salt. Mix in brown sugar, white sugar and coconut.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil, 1/2 cup buttermilk, carrots, pineapple, and vanilla. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and add the egg/buttermilk mixture. Mix until batter is moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly tapped. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 to 3 tablespoons buttermilk. Mix until smooth, then refrigerate until thickened. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
The taste is very good. They're moist. It's just that they didn't raise a lot. I don't know why. I didn't do the glaze. Thanks Redsie :) Made for 123 hit wonders.
These were fab! A moist n tasty little muffin. I used pineapple in natural juice, n they were still very sweet, next time I will reduce the white sugar a littleand maybe add some walnuts. My family liked them as is so I didn't make the glaze this time around...YUM thanks for sharing!!
This didn't have any ratings when I tagged it, but someone beat me to the first review! These were great, Redsie - and I even forgot the vanilla for the first dozen (added it to the rest). Next time I may add some currants. Thanks for posting!