Carrot Cake Mix Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) betty crocker carrot cake mix
- 3 large eggs (or according to cake mix directions)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or according to cake mix directions)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, juice drained and reserved
- 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large mixing bowl place cake mix, eggs, oil and 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice, stir well to combine, add drained crushed pineapple and pecans, stir to blend. Batter will be thick and smooth, if it's too stiff, add a little bit more pineapple juice.
- Place paper muffin liners in muffin tin, divide batter equally between muffin liners.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, test with a toothpick for doneness.
- Cool on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A great base & easy recipe. Here are my 2 changes & 1 addition; replaced the oil with 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce (an individual container size, which measures 1/2 cup), 1/2 cup dried cranberries to replace the nuts and added 2 cups of store bought already shredded carrots. Baked it for 30 min. Came out yummy. Thank you Ghostlyvision for sharing your recipe. This is a keeper.
Really yummy! I didn't have crushed pineapple so I used some pineapple chunks and just mashed them a little bit with a fork. I also sprinkled the top with some sanding sugar and cinnamon because my family likes a crispy top to our muffins. I gave a muffin to my neighbor and she called to say that she hates carrot cake and she hates fruit in her muffins... but she LOVED these muffins! LOL! Thanks for the quick, easy, and delicious recipe... I'll definitely be making these again :^)