Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A little bit untraditional type of fudge, but perfect for the holiday season!! Time is estimated.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, place the butter, flour, sugar, 1 tablespoon of milk, carrots, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
- Microwave on high power for two minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixer and beat it with a paddle attachment and beat until well-mixed. Add another spoonful of milk if necessary to make it smooth. Stir in the nuts and raisins by hand.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
- Refrigerate the fudge for 3-4 hours or overnight, until firm. To serve, cut the fudge into small 1-inch squares. Store fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Certainly an unusual kind of 'candy' to make any time of year! Still, this tasty treat will be on my baking schedule now & then, 'cause these little tasties are GREAT! I did, by the way, cut this batch into 64 small pieces! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed under my RAISIN theme in the current My-3-Chefs cooking event]