Wedding Cake Fudge
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup (light as in Karo clear)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare a 2 quart sauce pan using a non-stick vegetable spray.
- Combine sugar, milk, cream, syrup and salt in sauce pan and cook at medium heat until it boils.
- Stir gently and continue to boil at lowest heat (Med to Med-High) until boiling temperature reaches 236-238 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and add butter, stir gently, then let sit without stirring.
- When cools to a lukewarm (roughly 110°F) beat vigorously until it begins to lose it's gloss (5-10 minutes).
- Spread into loaf pan (8" x 4"). Double recipe to make enough to fill an 8" x 8" pan.
- Score when warm and cut when cool.
- Makes about 1 pound.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved the idea of fudge that tasted like wedding cake and envisioned this beautiful creamy white fudge decorated with sugar flowers. I followed the recipe exactly (and I can make fudge) and the end result was butterscotch colored and very gritty, one of my pet peeves with fudge. I guess the flavor resembled cake but the gritty texture was too overpowering. Won't try this again.