Recipe by JLBurnell
A little bit untraditional type of fudge, but perfect for the holiday season!! Time is estimated.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Certainly an unusual kind of 'candy' to make any time of year! Still, this tasty treat will be on my baking schedule now & then, 'cause these little tasties are GREAT! I did, by the way, cut this batch into 64 small pieces! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed under my RAISIN theme in the current My-3-Chefs cooking event]
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, place the butter, flour, sugar, 1 tablespoon of milk, carrots, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
- Microwave on high power for two minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixer and beat it with a paddle attachment and beat until well-mixed. Add another spoonful of milk if necessary to make it smooth. Stir in the nuts and raisins by hand.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
- Refrigerate the fudge for 3-4 hours or overnight, until firm. To serve, cut the fudge into small 1-inch squares. Store fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.