Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Baking time is per sheet.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended. Stir in carrots and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before icing.
These cookies were so moist & delicious! The prep time did take a little bit longer than 20 minutes because it takes a while to grate enough carrots to fill a cup. I think I would like to try this same recipe with canned pumpkin instead of carrots to make a pumpkin pie cookie. Thanks for the great recipe!
Thought these needed a little extra oomph, so added more cinnamon and vanilla than called for.
These cookies were very moist, and so good. I found them a tad bland, and will add more cinnamon and possibly some nutmeg next time. I didn't ice them, that might add more flavour, but cream cheese would increase the fats and you know what they say 'a minute on the lips and a lifetime on the hips' *grins* Thanks for posting. Will sure be making these again, as they disappeared very quickly...and were easy to make