Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was looking for carrot cake recipe without any pineapple and raisin, I found this one and give it a try, I couldn't believe the result, it taste soooo wonderful just add your favorite cream cheese icing on top.
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease/flour your baking pan (you can use a 13 x 9, a bundt pan or two 9" round pans).
- combine eggs and sugar; beat well.
- in another bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and carrot.
- Add the flour mixture to the eggs mixture in low speed, then add the vanilla and oil.
- Bake for 60 minutes OR until your cake tests done.
VERY good carrot cake recipe, even though the two 9-inch layers did not rise much for me (you did not say anything in your recipe about the pan size, so I had to guess). I frosted the cake with a wonderful cream cheese frosting which consisted of one 8-oz cream cheese, 1/4 lb. of butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, and one pound of confectioner's sugar. Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe.
Very moist, light and fluffy. I was so glad it wasn't heavy with oil.Absolutely delicious...The only thing I added was a bit of nutmeg for some extra spice. I baked it in a 9x13 pan for about 45 minutes.This was a hit today for Mother's Day diner. Thank you so much for this recipe, it's a keeper!
I just hate it when someone rates a recipe that they've changed, sometimes EXTENSIVELY, so when I am weighing whether I want to make something, I can't decide if I like the recipe or not from the review. That said (!), I made muffins with this recipe, and, after reading up on other carrot cake recipes before deciding on this one, added a little nutmeg with the cinnamon. Mmmmmmmmm. Good. I've never made carrot cake or muffins before, and these were a HIT. I brought them with my kids to a friends, and all kids gobbled these up as well as the adults. Without any icing -- just accompanied by milk. This is a definite "make again" recipe. Easy and delish. Thanks for posting.