Old Fashioned Carrot Cake
photo by Momoftwo797
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon (heaping)
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 -5 cups grated carrots
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- Grate 4-5 medium carrots.
- Pre-Heat oven to 350.
- Grease 9x13 pan (I use an air-bake pan with a lid so I can just refrigerate after cake cools and is icing-ed).
- In a large bowl mix sugar, flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon (stir together).
- In a medium bowl mix oil, eggs & carrots. (blend on medium with mixer).
- Combined wet & dry ingredients and mix till all ingredients are wet (Blending is not required).
- Bake 50 min, check with knife. Cake should be perfect at 50 minute.
- Blend cream cheese till smooth.
- Add vanilla, blend.
- Add icing sugar to preference of thickness. I like the whole 2 cups, sometimes a little bit more.
- Refrigerate icing till cake cools (30-40 min) Then spread evenly over cake & enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!