Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Really good and perfect for a sweet tooth! I got it from my grandma and I've been making it since I was 13!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups peeled and grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars with oil and eggs. Mix well. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix well. Fold in carrots, walnuts, raisins and pineapple.
- Pour into a 13 x 19 greased and floured baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- For topping: In a bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- When cake is cool, frost with mixture.