Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Light, moist and best of all, healthy !!!
Make and share this Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine flour, sugar, flaxseed, coconut, pecans, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine oil, eggs, grated carrots, vanilla and pineapple. Add to the flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into a 13"X9" baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
This was ok. We all ate it but I believe it went wrong at the pineapple. Your directions are not clear with the pineapple. It doesn't say drained, or not. My cake was way too wet, def not light and airy. flavor was good though. Please clarify. Thanks!
What a nice change from my morning muffin! These were light and moist as described. I used a few tbs. applesauce to make up some of the pineapple. I will love to make this again! Roxygirl