Recipe by Chef Glaucia
Light, moist and best of all, healthy !!!
Top Review by Jacque mamma of 2
This was ok. We all ate it but I believe it went wrong at the pineapple. Your directions are not clear with the pineapple. It doesn't say drained, or not. My cake was way too wet, def not light and airy. flavor was good though. Please clarify. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine flour, sugar, flaxseed, coconut, pecans, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine oil, eggs, grated carrots, vanilla and pineapple. Add to the flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into a 13"X9" baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.