Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A friend gave me this recipe. It is lovely and moist.
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 g carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350degF (180degC).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, carrots and oil.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking soda and mixed spice over the mixture and fold into the mixture with a plastic spatula.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Grease a 20cm baking tin and line the base with with baking paper.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake for 40-45 mins, or until a warm skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin.