Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a favorite of mine to eat, although I have not made it as of the posting of this recipe. I do plan on trying to make it for our Easter Dinner. I have never been great, good or fair at baking so we'll see how the family likes it or not. I have asked them to rate it after they taste it. I am making some Rating Cards as placement cards for our Easter dinner. I am making several dishes that were in my Grandmothers cook book for Easter. WISH ME LUCK.
- 3 cups grated raw carrots
- 4 eggs, unbeaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups salad oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- In electric mixer bowl, combine carrots, eggs, sugar & oil, beat ingredients thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into 2-greased and floured 9” layer pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool, then put layers together with the following frosting in between the layers.
- FOR Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- Soften cream cheese and beat until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- You may need a little more powdered sugar to make into a good spreading and swirling consistency.
- Apply to a cooled cake.