Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great anytime, but I like this for Easter.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Honey Butter Glaze
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons honey, warmed slightly
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan; set aside.
- Combine carrots, lemon juice, and pineapple in a bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Add in oil and beat until smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add in the carrot mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the raisins and walnuts; pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until pick comes of clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and invert on a rack or serving platter to cool thoroughly.
- To make the glaze: beat the butter and honey together until light and fluffy; allow it to return to room temperature or warm in the microwave for 8-10 seconds before using. Beat the honey butter again just before using.
- Slather warm cake with honey butter glaze.
- Alternative topping: cream cheese frosting is usually expected and always nice; also can just dust with powdered sugar.