Recipe by bmcnichol
One of our favorite side dishes that my children will eat!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
I made this as directed except cut it down for the two of us. I thought the sauce was a little bland. Needed some type of seasoning, at least salt and pepper. I think next time I'll use fresh broccoli when available. All in all a nice side dish. Thanks
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 inches of water in a saucepan and add carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add broccoli and cover and simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir the cheese and 1/4 cup butter until smooth.
- Stir in the broccoli and carrots until combined.